Are You Interviewing? A Few Quick Reminders.
Interviewing for a job is a skill and skills take practice. Many of us have been fortunate enough to interview others more than being interviewed. When it is your turn to be interviewed here are a few quick reminders:
- Do your research on the role, company and the people you are meeting.
- Research the dress code and err on the side of over-dressed.
- Review your route and arrive early to reduce your stress.
- Research and practice common interview questions.
- Prepare your questions about the position, the people, and the company.
- Bring a notebook for note taking and bring your work examples.
- Be your authentic professional self. They are hiring you, not someone you think they want.
- Bring professional references. If you have references that work at the company in which you are interviewing, start with those people.
- At the end of the interview, if you want the position, ask for it.
- Follow up with thank you messages to everyone with whom you interviewed.